I had such a great birthday yesterday!!! In the morning Adam went to the Morris bakery and got me donuts for breakfast (they have the best donuts in the entire world). He also made my coffee. Thanks sweetie! I had to go to the DMV first thing in the morning to get my driver's license renewed. I got there super early and was the second in line, woohoo! All went well, minus the mean DMV lady yelling at me because I brought my coffee mug in with me. I really did not see any signs that said no food or drink! Anywho, then I went to Shantel's to get my hair done. I was supposed to have it done Wednesday but the salon called Wednesday and said they had no hot water! Yikes! After getting my hair done Mom, Adam and I drove up to Joliet to shop around a little bit. Adam got me this awesome picture for our bedroom. It goes perfectly with our colors!
Then we came home and I took a nice long nap! I highly recommend taking a nap on your birthday, it's great! Feeling rejuvenated we went out to eat at Amici's, this wonderful Italian restaurant about 20 minutes away. They have THE BEST food. My Mom, brother mark, and Adam's parents Dana & Debbie joined us for dinner.
After we were done eating the waitress brought out this fabulous chocolate cake that Adam had smuggled in! They sang Happy Birthday and then I blew out the candles....or so I thought....they lit right back up! Clearly I underestimated Adam's sneakiness. :) I was actually excited because I had never had trick candles before! They were kinda fun!
Feeling sufficiently stuffed we headed home only to have Keith call us and say that him, Katie, his brother Doug, and his girlfriend were out at the bowling alley and wanted us to join them. We hung out with them for a little while and had a great time. What a wonderful birthday!!!
Here are some other things I got for my birthday:
Mom gave me my KitchenAid mixer!!! I was so excited to open this up. Now I can make my chocolate chip cookies!

Mom also gave me this fabulous lamp! Actually Adam and I each got one (Adam's was an early birthday present since his birthday is the 30th). They look awesome in our bedroom!

Dana & Debbie gave me this super cute shirt with the cami and earrings.

Mark and Maren got me margarita glasses from Pier 1. Now THAT'S a margarita glass!
2 comments:
I am a horrible friend for forgetting your birthday! ( I even have it on my calendar on my computer!) Looks like you had a great day and that Adam took care of you! Happy Birthday Linz! Love yer guts!!
So that comment is actually from Jamie...my sister in law was still signed in on my computer...oops!
Post a Comment