Adam and I wanted to do something fun, just the two of us, for the 4th of July since we haven't gotten to do much of that lately. We decided to head up to the Naperville Ribfest since neither of us had been there before. Ribfest is a HUGE four day long festival to raise money for victims of domestic violence and child abuse. They have bands playing all day, carnival rides, games, and tons of food vendors. There are probably twenty different vendors that sell ribs and every other BBQ dish you can think of. Most of them sell sampler plates with just four ribs so you can go around and taste all the different ones. They were all DELICIOUS!!!
REO Speedwagon was playing while we were there, but we didn't get a chance to get up close to the stage becuase we were too busy chowing down on ribs, so here is a long distance shot...
At the end of the night they had a half hour long fireworks show put to music. I have to say, it was probably the best fireworks show I had ever seen.
2 comments:
I'm getting hungry just reading your post! I could definitely eat ribs for a few days. I might regret it later though! Anywho it looks like you guys had fun.
That sounds like so much fun! We had our first 4th of july just at home with the kids. It's kind of nice to have a change isn't it? Although our 4th didn't include ribs....I'm jealous!
Post a Comment