CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adventures in Cooking

So it's no secret that I've never been the most fabulous cook nor have I attempted to be, but now that Adam and I have an apartment I am doing a lot more experimenting. As it turns out, I'm turning into a pretty darn good cook! Adam is even bragging to his friends now what a lucky man he is!

Last night I made the most fabulous chicken I have ever had! Adam and I loved it so much I thought I would share the recipe with everyone:

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts

INGREDIENTS:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use miracle whip)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 gloves garlic, chopped
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
4 slices bacon

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until well blended. Set aside.
2. Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink.


I ended up using two slices of bacon for each chicken breast because I stuffed them so full, but they are better that way!

I hope everyone enjoys it if you give it a try. If you have any wonderful recipes you'd like to share, please post them! I'm always looking for new recipes to try!

Bon appetit!

3 comments:

Jen said...

that's awesome linz! i'm definitely going to have to try that recipe, it sound so yummy!!

Cyncha said...

This looks like a great receipe. Can't wait to try it.

I am praying for you and your family....grandparents, especially.

I sure hope Chloe is adjusting, poor thing I know it is very hard for animals to accept seperation once they are attached to you...

Take care and I'll be looking forward to the next receipe........
Oh and meeting you and Adam, I'm so looking forward to that.

Take care and God Bless,
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hi hi, I know we were never close friends or anything, but I am really enjoying your blog. Congrats on the cookery! I'm still fairly new to it myself, but I'm participating in a recipe share with a bunch of other bloggers, we all try something new every week and post about it. The recipe index of all of these writers is here: http://definitelyra.com/whip-it-up-recipe-index/

Good luck!
xox