This week is going to be an interesting one. Saturday morning my Mom drove up to Rockford to spend the weekend with my grandparents and our other relatives up there. While they were over at Mark & Maren's new house Grandpa (my Mom's Dad) fell down the stairs and broke his ankle. It was so bad that the bone was sticking out of his foot. They ended up doing emergency surgery Saturday evening to put the bones back in place. He now has rods sticking out of his foot to hold everyone together temporarily. They are keeping him in the intensive care unit because he has a pacemaker, so they need to be able to keep a close watch on his heart, etc. A trauma orthopaedic surgeon is going to do another surgery tomorrow to make sure everything is cleaned out in there and there is no infection. I'm not sure what the next step after that will be, but I'm sure it will involve more surgeries.
My Grandma has been having a lot of health problems for the past few years, so my Mom decided to stay in Rockford for a while to get things under control. Yesterday evening Adam and I drove halfway to Rockford and met up with my Mom and my Uncle to deliver more clothes to my Mom so she can stay up there. I traded her clothes for Chloe! Adam and I brought Chloe home with us since things are a little crazy in Rockford right now, so we are puppy-sitting indefinitely...
We're not sure what is going to come of Grandpa's ankle. There is a chance he could lose feeling in his foot and not be able to walk again. We are all trying to be very positive and encourage him to be optimistic as well. He is a very strong willed man so I know he will do his best to recover as completely as possible. Please say a little prayer for him!
Mary Poppins in the Desert
13 years ago
1 comments:
oh i am so sorry to hear all this linz! when it rains it pours, hu?! i will be praying for your family. love your guts!!!!
Post a Comment